GRAITEC, an international BIM, Simulation and Fabrication software developer for the AEC industry, and Autodesk® Platinum Partner in US and across Europe, continues its expansion worldwide and is delighted to announce the launch of GRAITEC Advance 2018, providing unrivalled modelling and design software solutions to the AEC and Fabrication markets.
With more than 50,000 customers around the world, Graitec has continuously strived to provide first-rate advancements for innovative software solutions. The recent launch of its new and upgraded 2018 release is no exception, proving they are still top of their game in terms of providing more efficient simulation and fabrication solutions to top-level Construction, Architecture, Engineering and Building Design companies worldwide.
The construction industry is facing a new era of changes where the collaboration on BIM projects will be the key for success. The 2018 release enhances a set of new functionalities which help the user to apply a streamlined structural workflow sharing intelligent BIM data between Autodesk products (Revit®, Advance Steel, BIM 360®) and Graitec products (Advance Design®, BIM Designers®, PowerPack®) and automating modelling, analysis, design, detailing and fabrication tasks.
Several improvements come with this new Graitec Advance 2018 release:
Structural Analysis, Design and Detailing:
- A new Design Group concept allowing the user to set assumptions, reinforce and detail similar structural members in one shot. This approach allows the user to avoid assumptions/mistakes and to more easily optimize projects.
- A new Connection module that allows users to design any 2D or 3D connections whatever the geometry or the loading system. The technology is based on an innovative FEM based method.
- A new Steel Structure wizard allowing the user to model and design steel structures within minutes.
- More functionalities for Structural Engineers: new US climatic loads generator, new steel decks objects, local bow imperfection management, Slovak Eurocodes appendix…
- More functionalities for rebar detailers in Revit: views creation, bending schemas in schedules, reinforcement drawing templates, automatic quantities ratios…
- Tens of additional productivity tools such as a function to clean the architectural background, a tool to automatically join & unjoin geometries, tools dedicated to pipe insulation…
The GRAITEC Advance suite also enhances a new version of Advance Workshop, the Graitec MIS solution for Steel Fabricators with a focus on new functionalities to give the workshop manager complete control over every stage of production:
- New drivers for the new generation of FICEP machines using PNI files format.
- Improved IFC-IFCXML-XML files import for better communication with different CAD systems.
- New purchase order system able to enter data directly, to purchase by weight, to close a row with different amounts, to close an order and refuse certain elements…
- Multi-stock new features allowing the user to manage the stock sorted depending on the different suppliers.
- Brand new “Feedback Console” to better monitor the fabrication process: mobile devices, 2D barcodes or QR codes, record production time per worker’s name…
All those new tools are applicable to a large variety of projects, covering all the AEC and Fabrication markets.
This is just a brief outline of the new release; further detailed information can be found here:
Joseph PAIS, GRAITEC Product Director comments: “Connected BIM Structural workflows are now a reality that is delivering newfound accuracy and performance. To make the transition to those connected workflows successful, we are convinced that the AEC industry is in need of an innovative technical solution which fits with different workflows for data exchanges. Our Graitec Advance 2018 delivers adaptive and innovative technology which enhances multi-user workflows, relying also on the Autodesk Ecosystem. Our software can easily communicate with Autodesk Revit®, Autodesk Advance Steel® and benefit from the Autodesk BIM 360® platform to visualize and manage all projects and associated documentations in the cloud.”
Manuel LIEDOT, GRAITEC CEO adds: “In the new era of construction, our customers expect more than just design or detailing tools. They have understood BIM and want collaborative tools working smartly together, helping to better design projects, helping to anticipate and solve issues before they happen in real life, automating repetitive tasks, sharing information with other project staff members, monitoring and keeping track of all changes. This is the main reason why Graitec is building its solutions in the Autodesk Ecosystem and why Graitec is both an Autodesk Solution Associate and a Platinum partner.”