AUGIWorld is the official magazine of Autodesk User Group International (AUGI), distributed on a monthly basis to all AUGI members around the world.
In the June 2016 edition, Gareth Spencer, BIM Consultant working for GRAITEC and certified professional in Revit Architecture and Structure, presents the advantages of using GRAITEC Advance PowerPack for Revit for enhancing concrete detailing. Gareth explains the necessity of modeling reinforcement in the 3D Revit model, and introduces the GRAITEC Advance PowerPack for Revit as a versatile add-on for Revit, which can help users work more efficiently.
Gareth presents some of the most useful tools in PowerPack, such as:
- Rebar Visibility, used for changing the view’s visibility state, so as to show rebar unobscured and/or as solids in 3D views, or for hiding certain elements;
- Copy Rebar, allowing users to select element rebar, and then copy it to an identical or similar element with no reinforcement assigned;
- Transversal Distribution, which automatically generates transversal rebar sets with multiple spacing for linear elements.
- Trim/Extend, used for adjusting the created reinforcement to the shape and particularities of the host element, in a quick and intelligent manner.
These useful new tools are complemented by several commands and functionalities for increasing productivity while working in Autodesk Revit:
- Family Manager, used for managing Revit families (by searching, selecting or filtering family lists to select the desired families to be imported in a project), either on a local computer, or in a company network;
- Family Exporter, allowing users to select and export all families at once, or select desired families from the list;
- Auto Section Box, which automatically creates a 3D view of the selected elements, and even duplicates it;
- Dimension Annotations, a set of tools for automatic generation of dimension lines for overall dimensions, grids, external geometry, structural, and openings.
Read the full review here, on page 14