GRAITEC BIM Designers Slab Module provides automatic reinforcement design solutions according to international codes and norms for slabs. The module will be introduced to the public for the first time starting with the official release of the 2020 Graitec Advance Suite.
The reinforcement cages for slabs can be designed using individual bars or fabrics that can be selected from large international libraries. They can also be manually customized based on users’ preferences. The module allows designing reinforcement cages made from a mix of fabrics and bars.
Read the full article here
Structural engineers and structural technicians, get ready to harness the power of engineering BIM data and connected structural workflows to automate reinforced concrete design, calculation and detailing directly from Revit®. The next-generation BIM technology for reinforced concrete in Revit® has arrived, GRAITEC Reinforced Concrete BIM Designers. The question is are you ready? Here’s what you need to know…
Old habits die hard
In an age where BIM is driving benefit-proven change across the industry, it is still surprising that the workflow between structural engineers and designers is mostly stop-start, with little or no connected workflow. There are always exceptions, but at best it seems there is an initial transfer of model geometry, and in some cases material property data, from one party (or product) to another. This appears to be used to get the project started and, more often than not, a one-off one-way process, ill repeated thereafter. It seems for reinforced concrete there is still a tendency to favor communication of design changes and sharing of project properties using digital 2D or printed documentation – arguably a liability constraint or necessary to avoid jeopardizing the integrity of the digital model. Continue reading
With the shocking Strucad announcement, Strucad users are now faced with a difficult decision – or is it?
For anyone involved in Structural Steelwork, the way GRAITEC UK sees it, there is a clear and easy choice, Advance Steel 2012!
Advance Steel 2012 offers:
– Proven track record with more than 10,000 seats worldwide
- Trusted market confidence
– Rapid adoption rate resulting in +50% growth in licenses in 2011 –
- Tried and tested solution
– Increased functionality / productivity
- New tools for all market sectors: BIM, Structures, Off-shore, Bridges, Architectural, Sheet-metalwork…
– Works as a standalone application or with AutoCAD –
- Flexibility for users to choose platform to that suits them – no need to have AutoCAD
– Low initial financial outlay
- A fantastic GRAITEC UK ‘Switch-offer’
– Quick and easy deployment
- Set up company drawing borders in minutes
- DSTv NC files in all versions, IFC, SDNF, CIS2, Graitec BIM, KISS, PSS…
– Support and Helpdesk service rated 98% excellent or good by users
- Dedicated team ready to help you by phone, email or remote assistance
The GRAITEC UK branch has never received so many phone calls and enquiries from people looking for an alternative solution to Strucad, and the feedback from those that have already moved to Advance Steel was “easy to use” and “very capable”.
If you have been affected and would like to see more about Advance Steel why not visit www.graitec.co.uk/advance_steel_2012.html or contact one of the Graitec UK team on 0844 543 8888 or email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org