GRAITEC BIM Connect is a software add-on for Autodesk REVIT and part of the GRAITEC BIM solution. With GRAITEC BIM Connect, Autodesk REVIT users can quickly connect their REVIT models to the GRAITEC Advance suite and then optimize the design of their structures in accordance with U.S. and EUROCODE standards, produce effective and error-free general arrangement drawings, fabrication drawings, BOMs, and NC files both for steel and concrete structures.
With version 2013, important features have been added:
- Automatic installation from ADVANCE Setup;
- New GTCX file format;
- Export of the folded plates and poly-beams;
- 6000 profile mapping lines, including profile rotations added for North America and UK;
- New specific ribbon tab added in Autodesk REVIT, to include all commands (Export, Import, Synchronization, Settings and About).
Many new improvements have been included to speed up performances and allow more response for handling big projects:
- Time decrease for model import into Autodesk REVIT, regardless of the number of plates;
- Correct import and rotation for curved beams and curved foundations;
- Import of bent or curved walls, regardless of the format;
- Automatic recognition of concrete sections, regardless of the file format and with no mapping required.
Using GRAITEC BIM Connect 2013, you can also import/export to other BIM file formats such as IFC, SDNF, CIS2 (already certified), PSS and KISS.
You can read here the full documents of new features and improvements for GRAITEC BIM Connect 2013. Please feel free to give us your feedback to help us improve other functionalities of the software.