Graitec, as a global software editor in the Design, Structural, Fabrication, and Data Management arena organizes an international contest dedicated to structural engineers and design offices.
The award is for the best practical use of Advance Design in Steel / Timber / Concrete design projects. This contest is open to customers and students who want to showcase their experience and technical knowledge through a project executed in Advance Design software. The projects will be judged by a professional jury. The final nominees and the winning projects will be made public to a wide audience through extensive marketing including social media.
• 10.3.2021 Contest launch – Project submission opens
• 30.7.2021 Entries close – Deadline for project submission
• 10.9.2021 Project Confirmation – Confirmation and announcement of projects accepted
• 11.10.2021 Jury Deliberation – Selection of winners
• 19.10.2021 Announcement of Results – Announcement of winners at the Advance Design User Summit 2021
The independent contest jury will gather in October 2021 to evaluate the projects. The judging will be done under the guidance of a dedicated Graitec Group representative. The representative is in charge of the contest. The jury will evaluate the projects taking the following criteria into consideration:
- Technical level of the design, detailing and/or calculations.
- Originality and prestige of the project.
- Attractiveness, detail and presentation of the project.
- Optimal use of software’s functionality.
- The “story” behind the project – difficulties overcome, innovative approaches, benefits gained, etc.
An independent and international jury composed of academics and professionals in the field will judge the submitted entries. Meet the members of our jury:
- Francis Guillemard – Jury Chairman / GRAITEC President of the Group and Chairman of the board / France
- Rawad Assaf / ISSAE – CNAM Liban/ Lebanon
- Olivier Chappat / Bouygues Bâtiment Ile-de-France / France
- Piotr Nazarko / Rzeszow University of Technology / Poland
- Rodrigue Coyere / EIFFAGE CONSTRUCTION Structural design office / France
- Daniel Bitca / Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest / Romania
- Mike Vance / Steelway Building Systems / Canada
- Joseph Pais / GRAITEC INNOVATION / France
For more information, please visit Advance Design Award website – https://www.advancedesignaward.com/
Jiri Bendl, GRAITEC, Vice President SIMULATE comments: “Through the Advance Design Award organizations we want to reward our customers for being members of the ever-growing SIMULATE community and we want to encourage students to use the best possible tools for structural analysis. It is a great pleasure for me to be part of this project!”
Founded in 1986, GRAITEC is an international group (13 countries worldwide – 48 offices) helping construction and manufacturing professionals to successfully achieve their digital transformation by providing BIM and Industry 4.0 software and consultancy. GRAITEC is a developer of high-performance BIM applications as well as an Autodesk Platinum Partner in Europe and Gold Autodesk Partner in North America and Russia. With more than 550 employees including 200 BIM consultants, GRAITEC is an innovation-focused company whose products are used by more than 100,000 construction professionals worldwide.
For more information, please visit GRAITEC website – https://www.graitec.com/
For further information about Advance Design Award, please contact:
Lukasz Jedrzejewski, GRAITEC
Phone: +48 792 23 86 93