Advance Steel® is specifically designed for steel professionals who require an easy-to-use 3D structural steel detailing software for automating drawing production.
Choice of graphical platform and improved ergonomics
Historically based on the AutoCAD® platform, Advance Steel 2012 allows users to use their software with or without AutoCAD®. In fact, the product includes its own graphics engine, and the user can select the desired CAD platform. Regardless of the selected platform, all the essential functionality of the software is retained, as well as DWG® compatibility.
This major change has also allowed GRAITEC to simplify the user interface by focusing on and organizing the industry specific functionality of the software and the BIM integration. A “BIM Center” facilitating data exchange is available.
Another major impact for the user: the overall cost of the solution and the ease of installation and deployment. The return on investment of Version 2012 is improved by 30%.
New automatic controls for 3D modeling
Version 2012 also has many other improvements, the main ones are as follows:
- Management of a preliminary reference mark to improve the traceability of elements from their creation to manufacturing
- Option to group similar connections to manage and change them in a single operation
- Implementation of new automatic connections (e.g., turnbuckle bracings, purlin connections with sleeves, connections between steel and concrete elements)
- All new connections work on standard and cold rolled profiles
- Numerous modifications in the existing connections, including in the field of metalwork.
- Cold rolled profiles ( Joris IDE, Kingspan, etc.)
- Cladding sections (Perfitec, Metecno, Corus, etc.)
- Bolts and connectors (Lindapter, Australian bolts, etc.)
- Several new drawing styles delivered and ready to be used
- Lists on drawings can be customized to include formulas (e.g. elements weight + 5%)