GRAITEC BIM Designers Slab Module provides automatic reinforcement design solutions according to international codes and norms for slabs. The module will be introduced to the public for the first time starting with the official release of the 2020 Graitec Advance Suite.
The reinforcement cages for slabs can be designed using individual bars or fabrics that can be selected from large international libraries. They can also be manually customized based on users’ preferences. The module allows designing reinforcement cages made from a mix of fabrics and bars.
Read the full article here
Creation of the reinforcement drawing is an important step in designing reinforced concrete buildings, which usually involves a lot of time, patience, skills and responsibility, as the created drawings should comply with specific standards.
Advance Concrete has a new reinforcement solution, easy to use in projects, so that the time spent for reinforcement drawing creation is considerably reduced.
1. Predefined dynamic reinforcement solutions
- Cantilever beams
- Columns (stirrups and pin bars)
- Door and window openings
- Wall between two columns
- Plain wall between walls
2. Flexibility in defining new dynamic reinforcement solutions
Advance Concrete provides:
- A user friendly environment for reinforcement solution design
- Various tools for the creation of all reinforcement elements necessary for the reinforcement cage
- A wizard for saving the dynamic reinforcement solution
3. Easy to use
- Automatic creation of a drawing from a set of structural elements. The drawing contains predefined views
- Adding reinforcement elements using the Advance Concrete tools
- Saving the reinforcement solution in an interactive mode
4. Reusing the reinforcement solutions
All reinforcements put in place using the “Dynamic Reinforcement” automatically adapt to formwork contours and can be taken into account in reinforcement drawing creation and lists.
5. 3D View
Based on the reinforcement representation in the views of the reinforcement drawing, Advance Concrete recreates the cage and displays it in 3D. It also detects collisions.
- The dynamic reinforcement solutions can be easily used in projects, so that the time spent for reinforcement drawings creation is considerably reduced. Common tasks, frequently encountered during the project development are simplified and reduced to simple parameter value input.
- Once defined and saved, the dynamic reinforcement solutions can be applied in other projects; this minimizes the risk of errors and guarantees compliance with design rules and standards.
- The drawings are kept up-to-date when projects are modified, and the risk of errors is considerably reduced.
Read full article here