Advance Steel® is specifically designed for steel professionals who require an easy-to-use 3D structural steel detailing software for automating drawing production.
Choice of graphical platform and improved ergonomics
Historically based on the AutoCAD® platform, Advance Steel 2012 allows users to use their software with or without AutoCAD®. In fact, the product includes its own graphics engine, and the user can select the desired CAD platform. Regardless of the selected platform, all the essential functionality of the software is retained, as well as DWG® compatibility.
This major change has also allowed GRAITEC to simplify the user interface by focusing on and organizing the industry specific functionality of the software and the BIM integration. A “BIM Center” facilitating data exchange is available.
Another major impact for the user: the overall cost of the solution and the ease of installation and deployment. The return on investment of Version 2012 is improved by 30%.
New automatic controls for 3D modeling
Version 2012 also has many other improvements, the main ones are as follows:
- Management of a preliminary reference mark to improve the traceability of elements from their creation to manufacturing
- Option to group similar connections to manage and change them in a single operation
- Implementation of new automatic connections (e.g., turnbuckle bracings, purlin connections with sleeves, connections between steel and concrete elements)
- All new connections work on standard and cold rolled profiles
- Numerous modifications in the existing connections, including in the field of metalwork.
2012 provides libraries with lots of new and updated profiles and bolts:
- Cold rolled profiles ( Joris IDE, Kingspan, etc.)
- Cladding sections (Perfitec, Metecno, Corus, etc.)
- Bolts and connectors (Lindapter, Australian bolts, etc.)
Enhancements for high quality drawings
Following on from previous versions, Advance Steel 2012 continues to improve the overall quality of drawings created automatically by the software:
- Several new drawing styles delivered and ready to be used
- Lists on drawings can be customized to include formulas (e.g. elements weight + 5%)
These new options increase user productivity and protects the production and management of documentation of their steel construction projects.
1st multi-platform version for the GRAITEC Structural BIM suite
NEW CAD SYSTEM for Advance Steel
Major PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS for Advance Concrete
NEW DESIGN CODES including timber design for Advance Design
GRAITEC Advance, aims primarily to improve the productivity of its users, help them reduce design errors and increase the quality of project documentation. The GRAITEC Advance suite is for the most demanding professionals and its ergonomics are designed to make it easy to learn and use.
The Advance suite is based on the implementation of a digital model (BIM / Building Information Model). This technology associates each real object to its virtual equivalent in the digital model and users have the opportunity to simulate the behavior of the real structure and automate many processes. With open BIM standards, Advance can also be used with the Autodesk Revit suite for the structural analysis and design and document creation of models created in Revit.
Version 2012 represents a key milestone in the development of GRAITEC. In fact, the new Advance Steel software architecture allows it to work without an AutoCAD license. This innovation frees up AutoCAD licenses for other uses in the design offi ce. In addition it offers an economic advantage to companies without AutoCAD licenses or that do not have updated AutoCAD licenses.
Major investments were made to simplify usability and improve the performance of our solutions. GRAITEC also continues to introduce new design codes to meet the productivity and quality demands required by a market increasingly more international.