Advance Design® BIM system is dedicated to structural engineers who require a comprehensive solution for simulating and optimizing all their projects. It includes: a user-friendly structural modeler, automatic load and combination generators, a powerful FEM analysis engine (static, dynamic, time history, non linear, buckling, large displacement analysis, etc.), comprehensive wizards for designing concrete and steel members according to Eurocodes, efficient result post-processing and automatic report generators.
Here are some of its features:
– Fast and easy modeling:
- Display mode of elements as “linear contour”, “hidden faces” or “realistic rendering”
- Elements snap points enable different actions: stretch, trim or extend, copy, move, etc.
- Use of multiple viewports enable simultaneous work in several viewpoints and visualization modes
– Eurocodes – Since the 2010 version, Advance Design integrates the latest publications of Eurocodes 0, 1, 2, 3 and 8:
- Connection design according to EC3.
- Climatic loads on multiple roofs.
- Snow accumulation on roofs with negative slope.
– Competitive meshing and finite elements calculation:
- Static, dynamic, non-linear analyses, large displacements, generalized buckling, etc.
- Extended solver capabilities due to enhanced memory management
- Boundary conditions on planar elements (membranes, plates, shells) => possibility to define a total or partial release
- Multi-core finite elements engine
– Results processing:
- Automated post-processing and updating of all result types (finite elements, reinforced concrete, steelwork) within a fully integrated environment
- Several post-processing methods: graphical results, result curves, stresses diagrams, calculation reports
- Fully customizable design reports: styles, tables and graphical images, cover sheet, user input text, linked documents, etc.
– Reinforced concrete dimensioning:
- The “design template” concept allows for the grouping of elements by their design properties: concrete quality, cracking hypotheses, concrete cover, etc.
- Calculation of theoretical reinforcement sections of linear and planar elements
- Determination of 3D interaction curves on an arbitrary section
– Steel dimensioning:
- The “design template” concept allows for the grouping of elements by their design properties: buckling hypotheses, lateral-buckling restraints, deflections verification, etc.
- Shapes optimization starting from a predefined shapes library and using an automated calculation cycle: FE calculations and successive optimizations
- The new module designs steel connections according EC3 and American codes